Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What if?

Lately I've been feeling really really really inspirational in the sense that I've been itching bad to fulfill my dreams and ideas. I know it sounds ridiculous to some and even to myself to be honest. It's sometimes crazy to think that you could fulfill your dreams and hopes and make them a reality. For some people these dreams are to become a professional athlete, movie star, doctor, lawyer, police officer, teacher, or whatever it may be. Many people have been able to accomplish their dreams but for others these dreams are different. For some folks their dreams are not to become famous or make a lot of money but instead to live a life of happiness and contentment where we do not feel pressured to the American Dream. The American Dream- what is it really and what importance or significance does it have now? Is it really worth chasing it? Some of you might say that, yes, it is well worth it to get a good education that will reap the benefits of a good salary and which in effect will provide for a good quality of life.

I've come across a blog, http://allisonvesterfelt.com/ , that has raised and sparked an interest on some things that have been on my mind recently. One of those things is asking myself if what I'm doing now is what I really want to do? Am I living and fulfilling my dream? Have I ever even stopped to think about what I'd like to do with my life instead of going with the flow and following what I believe I am supposed to be following?

This blogger, Allison Vesterfelt, has a free book download ( http://allisonvesterfelt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/TheChase.pdf ) that I have began reading. Just like her, I've asked myself the same questions as she has and have had the same desires. And just like she states, "not everyone will have the same decisions or outcomes as hers  but we will all have a similar journey and it all begins with us". I encourage you to download it and read it.

I'm not saying that I am not thankful or gracious for being where I am at now. Don't get me wrong, God has blessed me greatly and abundantly, but sometimes it feels as if I'm just following a path that we all follow just because it is what everyone else does or we have been told it is what we are supposed to do. We have become almost like slaves to this world, not having time for ourselves and fully enjoying what we would love to do in reality.

I hope to God that this is all from Him. It is said that by our fruits we will be know if we are legitimate or not and I hope this is fruitful. I ask for your prayers in this matter and just being free. After all, this blog is about living as if we are free. La Vida Libre.

No comments:

Post a Comment