Wednesday, December 18, 2013

One down, still a lot to go.

So as I had told you I will be posting on here all about me goal of paying off my debts. As I said it won't be an easy path or enjoyable one bit and I know I'll have to give up some things in order to make this happen.

Well, today was one of those days where I had to let something so awesome go. At my job I received a bonus pay of $460. As much as I hate to say it I did not spend it on myself or on Christmas gifts. Instead I went ahead and decided that I need to go all in with this goal of  getting rid of my debt. So what did I do with the bonus? I made a full payment on a ticket that I had from a few years ago. I've already gotten two letters in the mail for not paying (since 2008!). It's a long story as of why I didn't pay back then but it'll just bore you. Just know that it was all a misunderstanding!

Honestly, it hurt so much to have to give up free money. But I saw this bonus as an opportunity to use it to help me pay me debt off. It's sort of like a freebie or a head-start on my long journey ahead. I'd be struggling to pay off that debt alone if it wasn't for this money I received. Plus, I've read on other sites and blogs that anytime you have free money available, whatever it may be from, then to use all of that free money into paying off your debt. That means ANY money. Money laying around, money you find on the street, in your room, pockets, laundry, car, WHEREVER! Just as long as you use that money to help yourself out.

Anyways, that was my first encounter with paying off the things that are holding me back. Like I said it will hurt a lot when it comes to money because for one thing I really want to invest in a digital camera the Rebel t3i to be exact. Check it out at this link: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist.jsp&sku=753762&is=REG&Q=add&q=1&A=cart

I know it's affordable but the reason I want it is because I have wanted one since about two years ago. It's been a dream of mine to finally begin on a passion that has been stirring inside of me and I really want to feed on that and grow and see where I can go with it. Photography is something that I enjoy and want to pursue and with all of my debts I have been putting off buying this camera. I no longer want to have to do this. I want to be able to afford the things I want to buy and not worry about cost or if I have to pay off something first. I will do my best to purchase this camera while I cut back on spending because I really thing I can use this camera to make some extra income on the side, which is another topic of discussion for my next blog.

There you have it guys, my first payment to my line of debts. It is cleared off and it feels good! I know I had to give up on the bonus check but I think it will be all worth it in the end.

God bless and keep checking my blog out! Share it if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment