Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Making Progress

I think that around this time of year many of us will be making some type of changes in our lives. I'm sure there will be many with a new year's resolution to lose weight for sure. This one is always on the list. And if it's not losing weight it's getting back in shape, which is not bad in itself. The only bad part of all this is that some of us just can't keep a promise to ourselves.

I don't know what it is that you will be doing differently this year but what I do know is that whatever it is that we do we need to stick with it. There's nothing greater than looking back at the end of the year and feeling satisfied, accomplished and proud of completing all of your goals and desires. For many of us like me we look back and are disappointed at what we did not accomplish. I don't know about you but I am tired of saying I will do something and then not doing it. It's about time something inside of me changes. And it all starts with me. Nobody else will make you do it. There won't be anybody in this world that needs that change as much as you do.

So if anything, drown out all the noise from everyone else, all the negative comments, all the put-me-downs, and more especially the self-doubt you have for yourself. Our worst enemy when trying to accomplish something is simply ourselves. When you are able to overcome your self and your thoughts and all the chaos inside of you- then you will be able to change and accomplish many things in your life.

With that said, go out and achieve your goals! We all have different goals but we have them for a reason. They are something we want out of this life and that must mean a lot to us if we are willing to put time and effort to do something about it.

I'm ready to make some changes in my life and, God willing, He will help me get through this because alone I won't be able to go very far. I know things like these are difficult to achieve but it's possible. And I also want to make sure that while I encounter some changes I will be able to focus my time and thoughts on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment