Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: One selfie a day.

It's the first day of the new year. It is January 1, 2014!!!!  So you've probably already made awesome plans and resolutions for this new year and that's great! I think we should all try and make every year the best year as possible.

Some of us want to get back in shape or get in shape for that matter! Others want to save money, pay off debts, get a new job, strengthen relationships or who knows what. There are many things that we can do and change about this year. I can't lie, I want to do some things differently this year and I can't help but realize that nothing will ever happen unless I make an effort to even make the first step or move in achieving my goals. And what are my goals? Well, some of them you already know: save money, pay off debt, and making some dreams come true! I'm wanting to actually do some things that are out of my norm but that I've always wanted to do.

So with that said, I want to start a small but meaningful project on myself. The thing about me is that I hate taking selfies. I'm not the best candidate for that and I hate it. Don't get me wrong I like taking pictures but not selfies. I can be in photos with others and love to be in them but when the picture is centered up close and personal on my face I don't think I like it very much. For the rest of this year I will take one selfie for everyday. I want to make this a project to see what kind of reaction I have on myself. There are many people who love taking selfies and don't mind them one bit but then there are those like me who are very conscious and panicky of them. I kind of just want to make myself realize that this is who I am. The way I look physically is who I am. I might be able to change my body as in gain weight, lose weight, gain muscle, etc. but I can't really change my face you know? I mean if I gain weight or lose it my face will show it but it's not like I can do anything major like I would the rest of my body. And of course plastic surgery would be something one can do but that is not me at all. I have come to accept who I am and what I look like and before I would hate the way I looked but I can't deal with it anymore haha.

So yeah I'll be posting one selfie a day and I hope I don't fall behind.
















No comments:

Post a Comment