Monday, January 13, 2014

The Debt-Free Year

Okay so it's still January and I do remember that I said I would begin a goal of ridding myself of the debt that I currently have. The year has started and I do not want to fall behind on my predetermined goal of completing this task by then end of this year. My goal was to completely pay off all of my debt at the end of the year and pretty much take away anything that is costing me money every month. I want to have all the money that I can by the end of the month so I can pay off anything that I can with that money left. 


So to begin this year-long process I will try to be as detailed as possible on how I have spent my money. I know this is going to be a very difficult thing to do because we all know that we like to spend money on ourselves every once in while! But that will have to be put to the side for now. I get paid every 26th of the month and I have bills to pay of course but my goal is to get rid of the debt that I have. 

On this blog I hope to keep you posted on what is going on with my spending. I have purchased my digital camera that has been something that I've wanted for years and I think that will be the last of my spending sprees that I will have. I know that I have been wanting a new vehicle and it's really pulling my thoughts and I am fighting because I know that if I want to get rid of this debt I can't buy a new car. It just won't happen as quickly as I'd like to. If I can work something out then I would most definitely try and get one but for now I don't think it's a strong option. 

So yeah, there you have it. This is sort of my confirmation that I WILL GET RID OF MY DEBT. It WILL HAPPEN by the end of this year. 

The total debt that I have is estimated to around $10,000- probably a bit less but I like to round things up :) Now I know this isn't much to some people but trust me, it is riding on my butt and I do not want it there anymore!

Keep up with me and stay tuned!  Here is the link to the blog I have been gaining confidence and tips from. This lady is a huge inspiration and has a guideline you can follow to getting rid of debt. http://andthenwesaved.com/about-the-spending-fast/

No comments:

Post a Comment