Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Being Actively Patient.

There are things in this life that we wish we could change but it seems that for some reason the odds are against us. Some folks wish they could work somewhere else and quit their current jobs, others might want to start up a project that they have been dreaming about for a while but just can't seem to begin anywhere.

It seems we get caught up in this mess where we're at a stand still and although every potential gain is there we can't get hold of it. I know that from personal experience I have always wanted something to happen in my life but I was caught in the moment of waiting for it to happen. I had always waited for something amazing and wonderful to happen because that is what I have been told to do: wait for something to happen as long as I am patient about it. But see, the problem in this is that when you wait for something, for the most part, you don't have any action in between. By action I mean that there is nothing during this waiting time that you do on your part in order to have this "thing" to happen in your life. In other words, you expect it to fall on your lap. At least that is what I had always thought. It is such a close-minded thing to think and it can eat at your potential to be amazing and do amazing things altogether.

There is nothing wrong in waiting. Waiting for something takes patience. What I have learned is that while you are waiting you are also currently active and doing something in order to have whatever it is you want in life. God will provide you with all you need as long as you dedicate to him what is you want. He wants what is best for you, not what you think is best for you so there is a line there that is drawn and sometimes we can get them mixed up and confused about. But if we ask for something will it simply just come to you?

Don't you think you need to actively seek that which you long for until you find it, doing so in a patiently manner? See what I'm saying here? You need to be patient while you seek. Be patient while you work for what you want. Be patient while you find ways to get to where you want to be. We all need to be patient while we work diligently to get to where we are finally at the point of achieving our goal. Being patient and not doing anything at all are two different things. That is closely related to being lazy and expecting good things to happen in your life while you don't lift even a finger to work for what you want.

I'm finally at a point in my life where I have this sort of light-bulb effect in my mind and it all make sense now. The whole entirety of my life I expected great and amazing things to happen as long as I was patient. What nobody told me was that I needed to be finding ways in order to get there and be patient at the same time, to actually work and be patient, and not to sit around for it.

You can be patient but you can also be actively patient. Actively patient. I like that. It means to go out there and do whatever it is you dream about and make it happen. Sure, it will take us time, effort, pain, discouragement and at times we will probably feel like giving up. But great people in this world never gave up and always worked hard for what they have now and it doesn't mean we don't have to either. They all started with a dream, a desire to do something great and they pursued it with hope of one day getting there, and they did it all while being patient. I'm sure you can ask any one of them and they will tell you that they didn't sit around and be 'patient' about what they wanted. It didn't just magically appear before them.

So whatever it is you want to do, go for it. Just don't sit around for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment